About Me

My photo
I'm a married Pagan woman. I have been actively on this path for several years now. I have had a MOST wonderful Mentor.. My beloved Diana, aka Dianastormdancer,who has shared so much of her life, family and self with me...without her I dont know what I would do, or where I would be most times. This October 18th I will be celerbrating my 20th wedding anniversary with my husband Ralph. I have 2 beautiful children;Kayla who will 20, and Garth who will be 16( both born in Feb).

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chef Meg's Roasted Chicken with Herb Oil


Roasted chicken is a simple and versatile protein. Use it in soups, throw it on pasta or pair it with a simple salad. Tip: Save time and energy by roasting two chickens at once and freezing one (carve it first).
NOTE: Serving sizes will vary. Feel free to calculate using the amount and type of chicken you eat. Save about 125 calories and 11 g fat per serving by removing the skin.

INGREDIENTS
1 T rosemary, chopped
1/3 t black pepper
1 t kosher or sea salt
1 T butter, softened
1 T olive oil
1 lemon, cut into quarters
1 3 pound chicken


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Mix oil and butter together in a small bowl. Gently lift up chicken skin from the breast and rub oil and butter mixture between the flesh and skin.

Season chicken with salt and pepper.

Place chicken in roasting pan on a roasting rack or bed of vegetables. Place lemon inside the cavity of the chicken. Tie legs together with cotton string.

Roast chicken 20 minutes.

Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Roast chicken until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of inner thigh registers 180 -185 degrees Fahrenheit, about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Lift chicken and tilt slightly, emptying juices from cavity into pan. Juices should be clear. Transfer chicken to cutting board.

Cover chicken with aluminum foil to keep warm and wait 10 minutes before carving.

NOTE: Save about 125 calories and 11 g fat per serving by removing the skin.

Number of Servings: 4

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHEF_MEG.

No comments:

Post a Comment